Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Kingston Trophy 2019

June 1st was the early last stop of the Substance Projects marathon race series. And as per usual was out doing course work...well as best as could due to the recovering from the getting crushed by a car.

Race day I entered the Short Course 17km again as it was the smarter decision. Not much one can say as had to ride as hard as could yet be careful of my knee. And am still trying to get the riding feel I usually have to come back. So it was a harder ride then usual for even the 17km.



It  is hard to accept mediocre races when you know you could be better and in your mind should be. This is why after the previous race coming to a decision that maybe was meant to be. And something my Lapdog team mate Barry stated after riding the LSC in May after I finished it.



I showed up to both races in reality angry and fed up. Angry because some self entitled prat tried to crush me with a vehicle. In truth it was me showing I wasn't a fully broken mess and saying fuck you to it all.  Because in my head it was one more thing taken away by a shitty human who will never be punished. And because laying around would have been worse for the second case of PTSD I now have.



So while I did get the medal again and got a PR on a section of the course. After was the decision that had put off.  The decision was to not race till 2020 and just focus on riding and trying to ride stuff. Not worry about mileage at all while try to figure out the mess that is my body.


No comments: